- We admitted we were powerless over our thoughts, and that our minds had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a power greater than our minds could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to Reality, as we are able to understand it.
- Made a searching and fearless inventory of our errors in thinking.
- Admitted to ourselves and to others the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have Reality replace these defects in thinking.
- Humbly allowed Reality to remove our short-sightedness.
- Made a list of all the thoughts that have caused harm, and became willing to amend them all.
- Made direct amends to our lives wherever possible, except when to do so would injure ourselves or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer or meditation to improve our conscious contact with Reality, as we understand it, asking only for its presence and the courage to accept to it.
- Having had a perceptual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message inside and to others, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
© 2019 Heather Stone, Ph.D.
Leave us a comment if you like…